- Inquiry labs
- Freshmen Research Initiative (FRI)
- Big Data for Introductory Research
- Research projects in lab courses
- Interdisciplinary: Undeclared students
- Active learning in large classes
- Sustainability education: Tall Grass Prairie
- Summer Research by Community College Students
- More Information
- About us
We are impacting over 8000 students each year thorugh our changes to courses. The graph below shows a growing number of students engaged in doing science within their courses over the past 4 years.
We have three main project goals, details on each can be found via the links on the left
- Retention of STEM majors
- At the beginning of the HHMI project, 74% of freshmen STEM majors returned as STEM majors for their sophomore year.
- This has now increased to 79%
- Increased understanding of the Nature of Science
- Students self-report an increase in understanding that science requires creativity
- Students increased their understanding of the processes of science
- More dept-level conversations about teaching and learning
- Over 80 faculty have been involved in Faculty Learning Communities
- An increase by a factot of three in the number of regular (at least once per month) faculty-to-faculty conversations.