- Inquiry labs
- Freshmen Research Initiative (FRI)
- Big Data for Introductory Research
- Research projects in lab courses
- Interdisciplinary: Undeclared students
- Active learning in large classes
- Sustainability education: Tall Grass Prairie
- Summer Research by Community College Students
- More Information
- About us
Each year the faculty of each department have been surveyed and asked who they talk to about teaching and student learning. From these surveys we constuct a social-network of teaching conversations. The diagrams below are for one department ans show how the density f conversations has increased in the past three years. Each point is a faculty member and they are connected if either partner reported a conversation more frequently than once a month.
For this department the average number of connections increases by almost a factor of three.
From a management point of view, those faculty members with many connections ("hubs") or those that connect different parts of the network ("gatekeepers") are key members to recruit to increase the effectiveness of education reform.