- Inquiry labs
- Freshmen Research Initiative (FRI)
- Big Data for Introductory Research
- Research projects in lab courses
- Interdisciplinary: Undeclared students
- Active learning in large classes
- Sustainability education: Tall Grass Prairie
- Summer Research by Community College Students
- More Information
- About us
We look at students direct from high school who declare a STEM major during their first year, and follow these students to see if they are still a STEM major in year later, two years later etc.
- Pre the HHMI project (2006, 2007, 2008 cohorts) about 25.5% of students left STEM majors in the first year.
- For the Fall 2012 cohort (post many of the HHMI reforms) this had reduced to 21%.
- Approximately 1 in 6 students who would have left, are now retained.
- Approximately 75% of these students took at least one reformed course.